Active Jobs (0)
Program CoordinatorMassachusetts Housing and Shelter Alliance - added 2 weeks ago
Title: Program Coordinator
The Massachusetts Housing and Shelter Alliance (MHSA) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Program Coordinator.
MHSA is a statewide nonprofit organization that is driving innovation to end homelessness among adult individuals through advocacy and development of outcome-based programs. For more than 30 years, MHSA has been transforming the traditional response of emergency shelter into a system of permanent housing, improved access to support services and healthcare, and other long-term solutions to homelessness for unaccompanied adults. These strategies have helped dramatically reduce chronic
homelessness in Massachusetts and gained MHSA national recognition for several policy initiatives. MHSA has a network of nearly 100 member agencies; it also works closely with state and city government. It uses its unique position as a funding intermediary between public agencies and homeless service providers to create innovative responses to homelessness for adults in Massachusetts.
MHSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay, generous benefits, and work in a mission-focused organization. Learn more about MHSA at www.mhsa.net.
The Program Coordinator will join a growing seven-person Programs Team that manages MHSA’s program and funding intermediary work. This is a new role for a highly organized person who will develop and implement improved, streamlined, and effective tracking systems and will provide administrative coordination to keep the Programs Team organized. The Programs Team administers approximately $20 million across multiple government contracts to more than 70 service provider agencies. This person will have a passion for improving system processes so that the Programs Team is more effective at helping to fund, monitor, and improve housing and service programs by subcontracted provider agencies that address and end homelessness.
Reports To: Director of Programs & Compliance
Status: This position is full-time, exempt.
- Assist the Director of Programs & Compliance to coordinate the work of the Programs Team to develop effective organizational systems and to implement key system improvements.
- Develop proficiency with a new web-based data base platform that will expedite and simplify the contracting and subcontracting process, with ability to input and interpret data quickly and accurately.
- Create, organize, and maintain electronic files to streamline organizational systems and operations.
- Assist in scheduling internal and external meetings for Programs Team, take accurate meeting minutes as needed, and disseminate to meeting attendees in a timely manner.
- Organize and prepare required documents for Programs Team to conduct monitoring visits and maintain an accurate tracking system of follow-up documents needed and timelines to meet program compliance.
- Maintain a tracking system for reporting monthly, quarterly and/or annual reports from subcontractors for review by appropriate Programs team member to ensure submission to the funder by deadline.
- Assist Programs Team with data input, as needed.
- Other duties as reasonably required to support MHSA’s mission and organizational operations.
- Minimum of one-to- two years relevant experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details with ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Passion and empathy for the mission of ending homelessness and interest in those prioritized by MHSA’s work: adults experiencing chronic homelessness often coupled with physical and/or behavioral health disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, adaptable, and to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Proven ability to take initiative, prioritize assigned projects and complete tasks efficiently and meticulously with exceptional accuracy.
- Ability to efficiently organize database and system files.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and SharePoint as well as Adobe Acrobat. Experience with Power Point and graphic design applications a plus.
- Proficiency and comfort with tools for remote work like Zoom, Teams, and Cloud document storage.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to draft emails, memos, etc. using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Commitment to advancing racial and ethnic equity.
- Must reside in Massachusetts while employed at MHSA.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is full-time, exempt. Salary range is $50,000 - $60,000.
Excellent benefits include:
- Harvard Pilgrim health insurance (80% employer-paid)
- Delta dental insurance (80% employer-paid)
- EyeMed vision insurance (100% employee-paid at MHSA lower group rate)
- life, long-term disability, and Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave insurance (100% employer-paid)
- pre-tax commuter benefits
- pre-tax flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses for employee and eligible family members
- pre-tax dependent care spending account to be reimbursed for dependent care expenses, such as daycare, preschool, and summer camps
- 15 days of vacation per year to start (maximum 25 days per year accrual rate after 4 full years of employment)
- 15 holidays per year
- 401k retirement plan with 25% employer matching contribution
NOTE: MHSA supports a hybrid work environment. Staff are expected to work from the Boston office as needed to ensure maximum performance and results, and at the direction of supervisors.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Ms. Kaye Wild, Vice President at email@example.com no later than December 2, 2022. Please be sure to put "Program Coordinator" in the subject line. A COVER LETTER IS REQUIRED.
At MHSA, we appreciate the value and richness of different perspectives and experiences. We constantly strive to be a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We work to make you feel welcomed and engaged as a valued member of the team. MHSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We especially encourage people with lived experience of homelessness to apply.
See our full EEO policy at https://mhsa.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/MHSA-EEO-Non-Discrimination-Policy.pdf