Active Jobs (0)
Director of Behavioral Health Policy TransformationAssociation for Behavioral Healthcare - added 3 weeks ago
For more than 40 years, the Association for Behavioral Healthcare (ABH) has been the leading advocacy organization in Massachusetts’ mental health and addiction services arena. Fighting for high-quality, community-based care for families and individuals with mental illness, addiction and substance-use disorders, ABH provides leadership and statewide coordination on important public policy, financing, preferred clinical models and quality assurance issues. ABH is a statewide association representing over eighty community-based mental health and addiction treatment provider organizations. Our members are the primary providers of publicly funded behavioral healthcare services in the Commonwealth, serving approximately 81,000 Massachusetts residents daily, 1.5 million residents annually, and employing over 46,500 people.
The Massachusetts health and human services environment is undergoing a significant shift with concerted policy focus on promoting a delivery system that integrates the treatment, recovery, and health-related social needs of children, youth and adults with mental health and substance use disorders. This early-to-mid career position supports the Association’s increased focus on rapidly evolving payment transformation and better integrated care delivery.
Director of Behavioral Health Policy Transformation is responsible for working with the President/CEO to shape an agenda that meets ABH’s mission, focusing in particular on payment and care delivery innovations in the third-party reimbursable health care space with a substantial emphasis on Medicaid-funded services. The individual in this position is responsible, under the direction of the President/CEO, for ABH’s work around Behavioral Health Systems transformation the Section 1115 waiver renewal, including the Behavioral Health Community Partner program, and outpatient mental health services The individual also provides extensive member services to individual member-provider organizations, the Board of Directors, and member committees. The Director of Behavioral Health Policy Transformation works closely with all members of the ABH team to ensure policy and program alignment across the Association’s efforts.
Policy Support, Analysis and Development
- With President/CEO and other members of ABH Team, leads ABH response on implementation of Behavioral Health Ambulatory Treatment System Roadmap.
- Represents ABH members with public agencies, administration officials, and state and federal legislators on matters relating to BH payment and care delivery.
- Under the direction of the President/CEO, represents the association with insurance carriers and the Division of Insurance on matters within the portfolio.
- Leads association public comment and hearing process on program and payment regulations within portfolio, drafting testimony, and preparing providers for customized testimony.
- Working with the President/CEO, develops strategies for Executive branch initiatives and implements all aspects of these strategies.
- With other members of ABH team and under the direction of the President/CEO, helps design and implement strategy to promote and support members in movement toward value-based purchasing and value-based care.
- Responsible for general monitoring of payment and care delivery transformations such as development of alternative payment methodologies, integration of behavioral and primary care and designing strategies to educate ABH members on such initiatives.
- Provide leadership with staff team on matters relating to payment reform and care delivery transformation and help ensure cross-portfolio integration.
Training and Technical Assistance to ABH Members
- Researches, analyzes, documents, and disseminates information on policy and payment rules relating to portfolio
- Actively develops, delivers, or contributes content to Association education and technical assistance forums, including committees and newsletters
- Inventories, evaluates and becomes familiar with data sources available to assess service efficacy as well as financial viability
- Engages in active and detailed issue identification with members and works to identify and prioritize short- and long-term solutions.
Staffs the following ABH member committees:
- Outpatient Committee
- Behavioral Health Community Partner Executive Committee (with President/CEO)
- Community Behavioral Health Center (CBHC) Executive Committee (anticipated)
- Community Behavioral Health Center (CBHC) Services Committee (anticipated)
- Children’s Services CEO Committee (co-staffs with Vice President for Children, Youth and Adult Mental Health Services on CBHC matters).
- Responsible for contributing to ABH responses on a range of special projects, studies, and emerging issues, including outpatient access and funding managed care, crisis services, health homes, alternative payment methodologies, new program committees, and others.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in related field (can be waived for years of experience)
- 3 to 5 years of prior related work experience in a human services or government environment
- Deep knowledge of Massachusetts publicly-funded behavioral health policy and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills •
- Excellent computer skills, including the Microsoft Office suite •
- Detail oriented, adaptable/creative, organized and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks
- Must be able and willing to travel extensively throughout Massachusetts
- Excellent speaking, writing, organizing and interpersonal skills; and the ability to work as an integral part of a strong team of professionals
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Familiarity with payment rate development and modeling strongly preferred
- Familiarity with survey design a significant asset.
ABH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ABH believes that a diverse team makes a strong team and encourages people from all backgrounds to apply.
- A great environment with smart and passionate individuals working as a team.
- Competitive compensation including Long and Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Contributory 401(k)
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 12 Paid Holidays
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their resume at https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/abh/jobs
This is a full-time position. Hybrid optional, with regular required office attendance.