Active Jobs (0)
Senior Program & Compliance ManagerMassachusetts Housing and Shelter Alliance - added 3 months ago
Massachusetts Housing and Shelter Alliance
Title: Senior Program & Compliance Manager
The Massachusetts Housing and Shelter Alliance (MHSA) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Program & Compliance Manager.
MHSA is a statewide nonprofit organization that is driving innovation to end homelessness among adult individuals through advocacy and development of outcome-based programs. For more than 30 years, MHSA has been transforming the traditional response of emergency shelter into a system of permanent housing, improving access to support services and healthcare, and advancing other long-term solutions to homelessness. These strategies have helped dramatically reduce chronic homelessness in Massachusetts and gained MHSA national recognition for several policy initiatives. MHSA has a network of 90 member agencies; it also works closely with state and city governments. It uses its unique position as a funding intermediary between public agencies and homeless service providers to create innovative responses to homelessness for adults in Massachusetts.
MHSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay, generous benefits, and work in a mission-focused organization. Learn more about MHSA at www.mhsa.net.
Serve as lead manager, program compliance expert, and systems organizer of MHSA’s publicly-funded contracts and subcontracts in this newly revamped position. The ideal candidate combines skills in contract management and compliance with a passion for improving programs and processes. MHSA, a program intermediary of $10-$15 million across multiple government contracts to more than 70 provider agencies, seeks to ensure this funding supports effective housing and programs throughout the state and advances innovation and solutions to homelessness. This position assists the Senior Director of Policy & Programs and the Programs Department (“Programs”) in coordinating this work while working closely with MHSA’s Finance and Administration department.
Reports To: Senior Director of Policy & Programs
Status: This position is full-time, 40 hours a week, exempt.
• Develop and implement organizational and tracking systems to be used in conducting site visits, monitoring contract compliance, gathering documents, analyzing data reporting, and evaluating program outcomes across a broad range of homeless programs.
• Serve as subject matter expert within Programs for scopes of services in housing and program contracts to support monitoring projects for both compliance and technical assistance for areas of improvement.
• Work with government contract managers to manage MHSA contract monitoring and compliance efforts.
• Help conduct site visits and complete monitoring reports of housing and service programs throughout the state. Provide technical assistance to agency partners, especially regarding compliance issues. Assist the rest of MHSA’s Programs team to ensure effective monitoring.
• Help prepare applications/proposals for government grants.
• Act as liaison between Programs and Finance and Administration to provide information about program budgets and spending and to coordinate streamlined contracting and billing systems.
• Assist Senior Director of Policy and Programs to coordinate the work of the Programs team and to develop effective organizational systems.
• Depending on skills, assist with data analysis and data reporting.
• Other duties as reasonably required to support MHSA’s mission and organizational operations.
• 5 years full-time related experience required.
• Passion for MHSA’s mission of ending homelessness.
- Knowledge of Housing First, low-threshold programming, supportive housing, and MHSA’s priority populations experiencing homelessness.
• Commitment to forwarding racial and ethnic diversity in all aspects of this work.
• Understanding of government contracts and nonprofit compliance required.
- Knowledge of state and federal homeless funding requirements strongly preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Meticulous attention to detail required.
• Ability to creatively problem solve, take initiative, and lead and own projects.
• Excellent computer skills, including intermediate-to-advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Skills in
Word and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with data reporting systems and with data analysis preferred.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to work with funders and partner agencies with a focus on customer service.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment and to take initiative, prioritize and complete large volumes of detail-oriented tasks quickly and with exceptional accuracy.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Must reside in Massachusetts while employed at MHSA.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is full-time, exempt. Salary range is $70,000 to $90,000 per year. Excellent benefits include: health and dental insurance (80% employer-paid), pre-tax commuter benefits, 15 days of vacation per year (to start), 15 holidays per year, a 401K retirement plan with generous matching contribution, and more.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, the majority of MHSA staff are working remotely. When it is safe and allowable to do so, staff will work out of the Boston office as necessary to meet Program team and MHSA needs. This position may include travel to visit funded programs for site visits.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Ms. Kaye Wild, Vice President at email@example.com by September 6, 2022. Please be sure to put “Senior Program & Compliance Manager”
in the subject line.
MHSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We especially encourage people with lived experience of homelessness to apply.