Active Jobs (1)
Executive Director - Mass. Farm Bureau Federation
Executive DirectorMass. Farm Bureau Federation - added 1 week ago
FUNCTION: To serve as the Executive Director of Mass. Farm Bureau Federation (MFBF). To
manage the business of the Federation including the staff and coordinate volunteer leaders to
aggressively promote Farm Bureau programs and implement policy. To work with members,
leadership, and staff in the areas of legislative and governmental relations. Also, if required, to
act as legislative agent for MFBF. To establish and maintain relationships with leaders and staff
of the American Farm Bureau, other state Farm Bureaus, and other organizations to maximize
our ability to accomplish our goals and policies. Provide leadership liaison with MFBF
membership and committees.
REPORTABILITY: The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors of MFBF.
Written reports shall be presented to the Board at all regularly scheduled
meetings. The E.D. shall communicate with the President as often as
needed, but at least once a month, to provide each other with a view of
the needs of the organization and to seek counsel.
AUTHORITY: The E.D. will review and develop administrative policies necessary to insure
efficient and orderly operation of the organization, consistent with the policies established by
the Delegate Body and goals established by the Board of Directors. The E. D. will provide
exemplary leadership to insure legal and ethical conduct in every activity of the organization.
Perform other duties relating to custody of corporate documents as provided by the MFBF by-
laws. The E. D. will manage personnel resources and financial resources consistent with policy
to accomplish these goals.
Develop effective alliances with state Farm Bureaus, American Farm Bureau, and other
organizations. Enhance the image of Farm Bureau and promote Farm Bureau values through
public and member relations. Maintain Farm Bureau alliances with governmental entities and
1. Develop and implement programs as determined by voting delegates and/or Board of
2. Implement legislative and governmental goals as determined by delegates and/or Board
3. Manage all aspects of personnel, office, property and business/financial operations of
4. Review and clarify job responsibilities of staff members.
5. Oversee the resolution of member’s agricultural concerns.
6. Coordinate activities of Massachusetts Farm Bureau Federation with affiliated
corporations/organizations including Farmer’s Live Animal Market Exchange, Inc.
(FLAME) and Massachusetts Farm Bureau Preservation Foundation, Incorporated.
7. Oversees the planning for Board of Directors Meetings and Annual Meeting.
8. Serve as liaison with other agricultural organizations including agricultural youth
organizations, fairs, commodity associations, Board of Agriculture, etc.
9. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Board.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. At the discretion of the Search Committee, relevant prior experiences, trainings, and certifications may substitute for some educational requirements.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license as there will be travel which may include overnight.
- Demonstrated successful experience in the administration and management of paid staff.
- Strong background and experience in budget development and financial management.
- A general knowledge of agriculture and volunteer organizations is preferred.
- Must be eligible to be a government lobbyist.
- Any offer will be contingent upon the results of a criminal background check and drug testing.
- Salary commensurate with experience, 401K, and health insurance
Resumes with cover letters accepted until August 26, 2022
Email to: Warren@MFBF.Net