Active Jobs (1)
Data ManagerEnvironmental League of Massachusetts (ELM) & ELM Action Fund (ELM AF) - added 2 weeks ago
Reporting to: Executive Vice President and eventually VP of Development
Supporting: ELM and the ELM Action Fund
The Environmental League of Massachusetts (ELM) and the ELM Action Fund (ELM AF) are committed to advocating for policy and building political power in Massachusetts that meet the scale and urgency of our environmental challenges. We are recruiting a Data Manager to support both organizations as an integral member of a collegial and effective 14-person advocacy team. Read our purpose, mission, vision, and values for ELM and the ELM Action Fund.
The Data Manager will be responsible for ensuring good working order of our Salesforce system, the integrity of the data therein, and building out the system to serve our mission. Strategic use of data connects directly to our mission. Data management and innovation are critical components to the success of all parts of the organization.
This is an opportunity to join a collaborative, mission driven organization where both your work and professional development are valued.
Salesforce Database Administration, Strategy, and Customization
- Manage data input and output
- Ensure timely and accurate updates including donation processing, management of communications preferences, event and donor stewardship tracking, etc.
- Oversee coordination of integrations and information sharing between Salesforce, VAN, and SalsaEngage
- Pull reports from Salesforce for donor outreach and engagement
- Maintain system security through custom permissions, organization-wide security settings and object/record/field accessibility
- Create and implement system and process changes
- Automate rules and workflows to improve efficiency
- Periodically assess processes and systems to identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce
- Monitor data integrity and regularly perform data hygiene tasks to maintain highest-possible level of data quality
- Evaluate new version releases of system tools and their compatibility with the rest of integrated system
- Work with staff to better integrate other data systems to further understand donors and voters
- Collect and troubleshoot all errors and support cases across all system tools
- Conduct long-term improvement operations to meet evolving mission requirements
- Train new staff on relevant systems
Data Analysis and Strategy
- Work with staff to integrate data systems and processes across the organizations to improve efficiencies and engagement with donors, voters, and supporters
- Create and analyze reports and dashboards on a regular basis to drive effective communications, fundraising, political campaigns, and engagement
- When needed, work with staff to analyze potential new data systems and manage adoption of new systems
Project Management of Organization-wide Data Projects
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for organizational best practices
- Collect data throughout lifecycle of projects to provide measurable performance metrics
- Design processes to measure progress on future strategic plan goals including racial equity goals
- Strong Salesforce skills: Salesforce certification not required but you should be a “Super User” and be willing to get your certification
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Impeccable judgement
- Strategic and systemic thinker
- Self-motivated learner, collaborative, and detail-oriented
- Commitment to integrating racial justice and equity into ELM’s work and to ensuring an inclusive organizational culture
- Salesforce certification
- Knowledge of Voter Activation Network (VAN) database
- Knowledge of Salesforce data hygiene tools Knowledge of how nonprofits work, specifically 501c3 and 501c4 nonprofits, including how nonprofits use advocacy to advance their mission
- Experience with marketing and/or voter data
Compensation: $60-70k. ELM is a flexible workplace that provides generous paid time off and parental leave, health insurance, Health Reimbursement Account, and a 403(b)-retirement plan with a 3% organizational match.
This full-time role requires occasional morning and evening commitments outside of the standard 9-5 office hours. The position is based in Boston, MA. Our workplace is currently a remote and in-person hybrid.
Please take a moment to complete our optional demographic survey at bit.ly/datamanager2022 and then email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Data Manager.
ELM is an equal-opportunity employer and we strongly encourage applications from all interested candidates. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, creed, religion, personal appearance, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, or sexual orientation.